Friday, June 20, 2014

Vintage ANCHOR Nautical COASTAL dresser MAKEOVER



Hello my BEAUTIES!
Well...its Summer and its official...I have gone COASTAL!
I can't help it.
I have fallen hard for the Nautical coastal thing
and this latest Makeover is a sure sign of my LOVE!

I got this dresser dirt cheap at a thrift shop, and before any of you wood lovers
go nuts..this was PAINTED to look like wood...It wasn't even wood grain...
It was pieces and parts of different wood put together and painted to look like wood.
I sanded the whole thing and removed the knobs and got to work.
Now you know how much I LOVE paint...and 
love to experiment. Well one of the paints I have NEVER EVER tried..
but had heard amazing things about was Maison Blanche.
I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to try it and
I can tell you ........LOVE IT!
I got the NAVY and its a true NAVY..not to black..not too purple...
NAVY!!
I can tell you, it went on like BUTTAH...
 Maison Blanche is easy to use because it requires no prep! You don't have to use primer, you don't have to sand. Plus, it's a chalk based paint so it'll stick to almost anything.
Oh baby....
I was hooked...this  Vintage Furniture Paint was making me SING!!
I can tell you...I am pretty sure if anyone walked in the garage at this 
point they would have heard me singing..
"in the navy"... I am not too proud to admit that...:)
Once I was done putting on my Navy Chalky paint
and I let it dry it was time to WAX.
For that I chose Maison Blanche Antique wax in clear. 
I figured the Navy was dark enough for what I was going for.
Now for the fun!
You know me...
I love fun!
Since we were going with the NAVY nautical coastal theme..I just HAD to add and ANCHOR.
I used my silhouette to cut out a vinyl Anchor stencil, laid it on my dresser and used
Maison Blanche Miel to paint on my anchor.
I just used my normal stenciling brush to paint it on.
Since I was going over a dark color I gave it two coats.
After it dried I distressed my anchor and gave it another coat of wax and buffed the whole thing.

I switched out the knobs for some stars that completed the look.
Much better don't you agree.?
I am thrilled with how great Maison Blanche paint worked
and can tell you I for sure will be 
using these paints again.

Admit it...You are now humming in the Navy, aren't you?
:)
You're welcome..
I hope you enjoyed this latest makeover.
Until next time..
Go make someones day BEAUTIFUL!

Be sure to check out the other Projects by my friends!
Refresh Restyle
 Bliss Ranch
Hymns and Verses
and
The Wood grain Cottage

And Shannon from Fox Hollow Cottage
For more information about Maison Blanche, you can visit their website or find them on Facebook and Pinterest.

"I received product and/or compensation for reviewing Maison Blanche Paint Company products. All opinions are genuine."

Whipperberry
Inspiration Monday
Uncommon Designs
DIYShowOff

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very helpful, beautiful in deed love it thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Very helpful, beautiful in deed love it thanks for sharing